Sunday, 25 September 2011

Spring is here; I have a new F/Bk page and the recent Alt.Shift.Craft market...



Altered Book for the Alt.Shift.Craft fair: "From Paradise Lost to Paradise Found" D.Price-Ewen 2011

Spring is here!! Well it's true!  It's a beautiful day here today and I am doubly blessed in that I also have the day off work (paid for by work!).  Anyway, I have some great news: I've launched my new Facebook page: Debrina Altered Creations.  I'm having a giveaway here to celebrate.  All you need to do is "like" my page on F/Bk and either leave a comment under my handbag post or here on this blog and you're in the draw.  The prize is one of my altered handbags: you choose the theme and I tailor make it.  Take a look at the one on my new F/Bk page or the one below this post here (you can't have that one though - it's sold, sorry - anyway, see my post below this one). 
What else is up?  Well, I'm getting into a bit of this:


Sandy Carter Photography of the Swamp City Rats Roller Derby girls 2011
My first Roller Derby practice was on Saturday.  I'm still recovering!! Lol.


I'm nowhere near making it onto a team yet, but I'll get there...just you wait and see!  I may be 40 but some of the girls are even older than me and they rock!
 
What else has happened?  Oh yes...
Finally, I attended on the weekend (as a vendor) the latest Alt.Shift.Craft market. 

Thank you Carole (in advance??) for the use of your image!
Here are a few of my offerings.  Not a whole lot sold this time around...different venue, different lot of customers.  But I made enought to pay for my table, get new art supplies and buy other crafter's works!  Always nice.

"Complete" - mixed media assemblage. D.Price-Ewen 2011
Severed arms earrings.  Nothing like making people puke.
Pill box - with a twist.  D.Price-Ewen 2011
Charm bracelets...
Assorted handmade rings...

"Butterfly Boy" (with poppy seed case for a hat!). Assemblage by D.Price-Ewen 2011


Cuffs!  Don't forget, all images are the copyright D.Price-Ewen 2011
Till next time, you lovely people! 
Debrina
P.S. Don't forget - like my facebook page (see my left-hand side panel) and be in the draw to win!!
P.P.S. Have you notice Altered Bit's new collaboration? The tallest handmade book in the world?  Visit it here:

http://alteredbits.wordpress.com/2011/09/25/the-tallest-handmade-book-in-the-world-project/


23 comments:

Candice said...

I liked your Facebook page! I could do with a new handbag and being my student self a giveaway would solve that perfectly!!! You are so talented, Deb! I am sure I shall see you sometime when I am back home in November :)

NuminosityBeads said...

Oh please do count me in! This post is so full of wonderful creations. It's nice to seewhat you've been up to.
Roller Derby! that sounds like it will be a blast. Hav3e yourself some good funand enjoy spring.
xoxo Kim

MrCachet said...

I always enjoy your altered books, and this one is no exception. The open envelope made me think of Griffin & Sabine.

Jo Murray said...

You have so many talents... I am in awe. It would be a privilege to own one of your handbag creations.

suziqu's thread works said...

Debrina your altered book is gorgeous!
In fact all of your work is so creative and inspirational!
Good luck on those roller blades - you are very brave!
I's loved to be counted in!!!
Hugs from Suzy

Debrina said...

Hello lovely people - well you're all in the draw to win one of my handbags and thanks for liking my F/Bk page! I'll let you know when I reach 100 who will win!

Samantha Marshall said...

Roller derby?? Cool!!! I just love the altered book. Gorgeous!!!

rivergardenstudio said...

Debrina! I love seeing all the little beauties that you have been selling, and feeling your excitement here! I especially love the cuffs! And now I'm off to see you on facebook...
roxanne

Debrina said...

Hey thanks everyone - I'm gonna make the effort and come round and see you all to say hi!!

Katherine C said...

A handbag (A HANDbag??) would be just the thing to put my kitsch/shit change purse in! Congrats on the new site!

Debrina said...

Ha ha...thanks Katherine!!

Teresa Sammis said...

Love your work. Yes, please include me on the drawing!

I'm the same Teresa Sammis that friended you on FB.

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

So nice to see the positive flow you have going on here Debs. Yay you! Loving your goodies and pics of the show. Very cool:)

ArtPropelled said...

Hope I'm not too late for the lucky draw. Your altered book looks mysterious (Love the To Heaven envelope/tag).... and very impressed with your roller derby adventure. You go girl!

Patti said...

I SO love your cuffs, assemblage, books, love it all! The robots are amazing too - I'd love to buy a couple.
Hope you're well!

Gaby Bee said...

You are seriously one of the most creative artists around! Your altered book looks gorgeous, Debrina, and I love your "Butterfly Boy" assemblage!

Have a lovely day!
Gaby xo

Debrina said...

Hello lovely everyone! Coming round to say hi and see how you're all doing!!

Seth said...

Such a compelling grouping of art. It all makes such a powerful statement. Off to your Facebook page now!

Debrina said...

Aww shucks Gaby and Seth...you two are sweeties. And thank you Seth for buying my crazy little chunky robot. He he. I'm glad he's going to a good home!

Black Smart Business said...

Hi Thanks A lot about Your Articles ... very Nice
Beauté Blog
Santé Articles

Sujay said...

So attractive arrangement.Well done carry on.

Carole said...

beautiful work, love your altered book :)

Debrina said...

Thanks Carole!!