Thursday, 18 April 2013

Drawing redefined

Scuba diving the great oceanic beyond...by Jason Kyle Ewen (nearly 5)
Scuba diving with many friends and fish!
My son Jason is nearly 5 years old now and suddenly, from what seems like out of nowhere, he can DRAW!  From squiggles and scratches to the awesome works of art above, I love how freely and enthusiastically he has embraced drawing and painting.  Kids are natural artists, let's face it: no inhibitions, no inner critic telling them they just drew something rubbish.  They just DO!  So, I've decided to do just that myself.  I'm letting my son teach me, all over again, how to just draw.

I have me a selection of pens and pencils, some water colour paints and a nifty little sketch pad and I'm off to the local lake this afternoon to do some uninhibited drawing.

:-)
Debs

12 comments:

Lynette (NZ) said...

Wonderful - hope you have as much fun as him :-)

Debrina said...

Thanks Lynette! I will!

lyle baxter said...

deb, your boy has your talents waiting to appear. lucky you! have fun drawing!

Patti said...

I SO wish I could draw like a 5-year old!!! So true how natural creativity is, then over the years... well, we just have to rediscover:)

Debrina said...

Hi Lyle! Hi Patti! Long time no get in touchy! LOL. I'm coming over to say hi right now! :-)

rivergardenstudio said...

OH, this is so exciting, such an observant little guy you have! And I love your keepsake box too!
roxanne

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I love his confidence and that in you he will find the creative seeds being watered not crushed. Clever Mama!

ArtPropelled said...

Please tell Jason, I love his drawings.

Debrina said...

Thanks everyone,
they are wonderful drawings, are they not? He is a natural storyteller and I really hope this is something he really develops (with my support, of course!)

Martha Marshall said...

Kids have that same effect on me. They are so free and uninhibited. I need to borrow a grandchild again soon!

Debrina said...

Hey Marsha - it's true - they really do inspire with all that freedom and uninhibited style! I wish I could get liberal doses of it myself. Perhaps it can be bottled?

Bayley said...

REALLY! Jason is nearly 5! I remember when I was teaching him to count! I miss you guys sooo Much:P