Thursday, 6 December 2007

An Artist's Source of Inspiration


Art by SETH

2Day's InsPiratioN
This the first in a series of commentaries by artists about what inspires them to do what they do...

With art by Seth, inspiration often comes from:

the colors,

textures,

and layers seen in objects that have been weathered by time...


...a corner of a billboard filled with fragments of former postings,





...the patina of an old metal gate rusted by the rain,



or the vibrant hues of autumn leaves. . . .

Objects that are distressed and imperfect come with their own personal history - inspiration comes when uncovering the details of their particular story....


A BIG thanks to Seth for giving ArtInspiration4Today permission to use this fabulous artwork!

For more about Seth, visit The Altered Page

3 comments:

thealteredpage said...

Thank you so much for posting images of my art and sharing my sources of inspiration with others. The two middle photos are details of my mixed media piece "fragile." However, the first and fourth images are from a piece created by another artist - the amazing Judy Wilkenfeld. I had showcased her on my blog because she too is an inspiration for me. I think it is probably best that you remove those images so there is no confusion. Once again, I appreciate the opportunity to be highlighted on your wonderful blog! Seth

Art Inspiration 4 Today said...

Oh that was close, Seth! Ha ha! Well no harm done, images removed. I'll just have to have feature her next on Art Inspiration 4 Today!

thealteredpage said...

Thanks! You may be a very busy blogger because there are so many inspirational artists in the world today. Seth