Friday, 14 November 2008

PND and control...

(Copyright D.Price-Ewen 2008)
2day's Inspiration

Well, I don't want to elaborate too much on this but I'm going through a bit of a journey that involves a great deal of healing. The medium I've chosen, of course, is art. A friend and colleague of mine recently introduced me to interactive art therapy to help me recover from post natal depression. I've been putting on a bit of a front these last six months and the struggle to keep it up is bloody exhausting - so it's out there now.


Last night, I finally had the mental and creative strength to do a bigger, looser piece of art. This one goes out to anyone battling a mental illness. It is one of the toughest, sorest journeys I've ever been on (and I've given birth!!) and so my heart goes out to anyone who has a chronic mental health problem.


In New Zealand we have a saying - kia kaha. Go with strength. The artwork posted is called: "I thought I had EVERYTHING under control, when in fact, everything was just running smoothly." HA!

4 comments:

JafaBrit's Art said...

thanks for dropping by my blog :) I like your template and your house painting :)

Hope the art helps in healing.
all the best
corrine aka jafabrit

Melinda said...

I LOVE what you called the posted artwork; that sentence is absolutely brilliant! Sure can relate to that.

Best Wishes,

Melinda
Vancouver, B.C.
Canada

Abi said...

I know this post isn't very new, but I wanted to say good luck with continuing your journey :) I keep thinking I should pick up the ol'd paintbrushes, it's great therapy x

The Governess said...

Thanks all. Great news, I've written up my story about PND and it is being published by a leading magazine here in NZ: http://www.mindfood.com/
Look out for it in the next couple of months!