Saturday, 21 February 2009

The Mountain People

Copyright D Price-Ewen 2009
For as long as I can remember, I've been jotting down stories to entertain myself, especially on those cold winter nights when there wasn't much else to do. Last night it was raining (again) and so I thought I'd write a story called, "The Mountain People". The story begins by introducing these mountain people who are ruled by a wise and benevolent queen. This queen has three children, all ratbags, who are always fighting with each other. So, in order to get some peace and quiet, the queen orders them to take their feuds deep underground....


Copyright D Price-Ewen 2009

Of course, as I write, I've included my first few illustrations...they are nowhere near finsihed yet, in fact, in these shots, (bar one) I haven't even put the text in!! That's me though - do the exciting stuff first! Lol!

Copyright D Price-Ewen 2009

...and so my book evolves....

8 comments:

Ali said...

OMG! This is fabulous i love it! Found you through a mutual button liking! Will be back!

Ali said...

OMG! This is fabulous i love it! Found you through a mutual button liking! Will be back!

Ali said...

Don't know why you got that twice grr technology!

The Governess said...

It's ok Ali, one can NEVER have enough OMG's!

Flower's Page said...

Dolly did you sleep last night?? I think not..Oh what an inspiring wild and witchy friend you are!

Seth said...

We both have altered books on the mind!! Your book looks fantastic so far. I hope you keep posting pictures as you create more!

The Governess said...

That's my intention - to post more as they come. It's a really good incentive too.

Angie Rodriguez said...

Gorgeous! Those colors are so luscious.