Sunday, 22 March 2009

Keeping Busy on a Sunday


Copyright D Price-Ewen 2009
Busy, busy...having lots of fun playing with atc collage at the moment. I've incorporated a few of my own drawings to add even more authenticity. The picture above represents the worst and the best of my post natal depression. When I had it I couldn't stop crying. I also got anxiety attacks which gave me a burning sensation in my chest and arms. This strange sensation made me feel like I was a burning crucifix. Interestingly, I heard depression described this morning on the radio as a sort of crucifixion and then a resurrection - whereby the illness almost destroys you - but you rise again: a better, more understanding and compassionate person.

Copyright D Price-Ewen 2009

The next collage, above, represents the issue of infertility. We had a great deal of trouble conceiving Jason, and we worried if we were infertile at one point. Then the miraculous happened....

14 comments:

The Gypsy said...

Wow Debbie - very soul baring, and nice art work to match!

Go check your email - there's a surprise for you!

bubblemunch said...

It must have been so hard for you to have finally become pregnant after all of that uncertainty, give birth to your beautiful gift, and then crash with such a depression.

I agree with Fadwa, Very soul baring.

bubblemunch said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ali said...

oh Deb, this strikes a real chord with me just now X

The Governess said...

Thanks lovely women. Yes, life's a rollercoaster as they say...because without the downs you will never fully appreciate the ups! Thanks too, Bubblemunch for your comment. I have deleted it as agreed. Doodles coming your way!

Jill Zaheer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Governess said...

Thanks for your comment Jill and for your email details for the doodle. Comment deleted as agreed.

Michael Reid said...

Great artwork/collage!

Flower's Page said...

Wow mate. This is amazing! I cant wait to see in real life!

Zom said...

I love your page with the cross. The colours are perfect.
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Debrina said...

Thanks Zom!

Renee said...

Wonderful collages that speak volumes.

Thanks for the link.

Renee xoxo

Elizabeth said...

Deb!
Being a woamn and having kids truely is a wild ride.. I can so relate to your art in this post- how brave and caring of you to share!!!!!
Art On Woman!!
Hugs!
Elizabeth

Gaby Bee said...

These pieces are simply wonderful. I especially like the second one. Beautifully done!
Gaby xo