Saturday, 7 March 2009

The Mountain People Handmade Book Progresses


Yes, it's taking an age but I'm cherishing every moment of it! This book is evolving and growing at night, because that's when my little 10 month bubby is fast asleep and not trying to wrestle my craft scissors off me, grrr grrr! So, here we go (BY THE WAY, feel free to click on the images to get the detail you need to see).... I've written the entire story of the Mountin People out in my journal finally (after all, you need a whole story to make a book with, lol!):


First page shows the Mountain People's queen and to the right of her, a little collage mountain scene made out of Japanese paper and some old Somerset Studio magazine craft paper (see above). Then, you fold out this little vignette and lo...the first page of the story:
Next, an illustration of the peaceful mountain people. I did this in felt pen, then ran a wet paintbrush over my little drawing and used some rub-on powder and ink from an ink pad to add further colour. Then I cut out a small sheet of fusible bonding for applique work and ironed it on to my fabric background. Next, another mountain vignette with the script sprinkled over with gold foil. This page comprises 4 layers of hand dyed paper, japanese paper and fabric in order to get the stormy-sky look behind the mountains. These layers are sewn together with gold thread:

The next page is ready for script, then the page to the right of that (below) will soon show the warring siblings -the queen's children. I'm not sure about this page currently, because you have to turn the book on its side to view it - so I might have to do a wee bit of editing here:

Well, that's it so far - the story is of a reasonable length, so the book is going to start constantinering (I'm sure that's not a word!)...

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your artwork is stunningly beautiful and our book is delightful- all with a 10 month old gabbing your scissors!!! i remember those times when you want every moment with your wee one but you MUSt find art time to replenish yourself!!

iam so glad that you found my blog!! Looking forward to returning to yours soon!!
Elizabeth

The Governess said...

It's true, Elizabeth. You still have to squeeze art in!!

Ali said...

Hi just came by to see what you'd been up to! Just as impressed as last time I visited! x

The Governess said...

Thanks Ali!

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色