Sunday, 26 April 2009

The Tragic Fashion Couple

"Bonjour! We are having a swell time in France!"


Hooray - the Tragic Fashion Couple made it all the way to France! I plan on these two travelling all around the globe each time I do a mail swap. So if these two end up in your letter-box, please, do take good care of them...

Anyway, the envelope from my earlier posting arrived in very good condition. I'm very pleased, as I didn't seal the ink and realised too late that if the envelope got caught in the rain the ink would run everywhere! I thought I might also talk a little bit about the stamp on this envelope, as it is a very special commemorative one for us here in New Zealand. So here it is a bit closer up:

A bit about the stamp...


The stamp , one of six above, commemorates ANZAC day. ANZAC stands for Australia and New Zealand Army Corps. We celebrate the ANZACS here in New Zealand on the 25th April - just gone. This is the day we remember the valiant efforts of soldiers and ancillaries that fought in the two world wars and all subsequent wars to date. Each year, ANZAC day attracts more and more young followers, something that a lot of the old soldiers find very heartening, especially since the event is celebrated at the crack of - what can be at this time of year - a very cold dawn. The paper poppies, below, have come to symbolise all that is ANZAC day here in New Zealand - they were commonly seen in European fields, especially France, by the soldiers who fought there, and were written into John McCrae's poem, In Flander's Field as remembrance of all those who have fallen.

God Bless
and
Au Revoir!

8 comments:

Zom said...

I think she might be a grown up Pippi Longstocking! (see my avatar).

The Gypsy said...

Bon Jour back! Enjoy and have a good time.
Hugs,

Debrina said...

Hello Zom and Gypsy! Yes Zom - I think she might be too! And there is your Avatar! I must admit, I've never really looked close enough at your little profile picture to appreciate it! I think I might have to colour Mrs Tragic Fashion in then!

Thank you Fadwa - it is always a bitter-sweet day our ANZAC day. But the important thing is that we remember the soldiers that fight and die for us in these stupid wars.

Zom said...

If you do "colour her in" I hope you will give me a heads up. I wanna see.

Debrina said...

Oh most definitely Zom!

Seth said...

Those envelopes are Amazing with a capital A!

Debrina said...

Ooooh thanks so much Seth! As always, coming from you that means a heck of a lot!!!

sa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色,性愛