Sunday, 31 May 2009

Disintegration Collaboration - after


The big reveal at last! It took weeks and weeks for my bundle to dry out, as it is winter here and it has been so very damp. Anyway - I just love what has happened to my bundle during the drying process: the black bound book I included in the bundle has warped and stiffened into clumps of pages. One of the pages has turned an antique rose colour and the fabric and feathers have gone all mottled but retained their gorgeous colours. The canvas and cardboard originally were very mouldy but have dried up now and are just stain remnants.
As this was always a night bundle - first hung during a cold autumn night under our young oak tree, then placed at night into our pond, then buried (again at night) in our garden and finally dried, I had to take the reveal photo at night too. Here it is propped up against the Macrocarpa wood we are currently burning in our log fire to keep us warm at night.
Next stage..the transformation...
Stay tuned.

9 comments:

Ali said...

can't wait to see where you go with this Debs x

Debrina said...

Thanks Ali - me too! Looking forward to Aug 1st (my birthday, actually) for our next set of instructions from Seth.

The Gypsy said...

Wow - me, too, looks exciting.
Love

Lisa Sarsfield said...

I'm back, thanks for sitting tight!
I;m glad I didn't miss your big reveal by much! Its interestng to see whats happened and how nature has given (mold, water...) and taken away again. I look forward to seeing where your going with this!

Debrina said...

Ahhh - welcome back Lisa!! Coming over to see you right now!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Your website is incredible and I do so love your disintegration project! Awesome work! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I have a curiosity and I would like to exchange some mail art with you and your kind spirit. I still have not begun to work on my renewal piece for Seth because I am still in the collecting phase. KiOra my dear friend. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Debrina said...

Thank you Mary Helen, lovely to have met you. Did not realise that you were also doing a disintegration project as well! Will have to keep an eye out on your postings. Looking forward to the mail art!

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色