Friday, 19 June 2009

Lyle Mail!



Not Tyra Mail but Lyle Mail! At last, my tragic fashionistas have arrived in the States. Lyle finally got my mail art envelope and the goodies I enclosed. Much to her surprise (lol) also inside the envelope were the tragic fashion couple! They made such a terrible splash in the States that they are now winging their way to South Africa (off to Robyn at Art Propelled - "Hi Robyn, you lucky thing!!). Robyn doesn't actually know who I am, but I'm sure this gorgeous couple will tempt her to find out who the designer is of such fabulous attire.


Now, I hope you all realise that this diabolical duo and their tragic fashion sense could be on their way to you. Just mail art me, and I'll mail art you back with two more renditions from my runway expose'. Don't worry Bubblemunch - yours is on its way soon! Lucky you....

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Hi Debrina, I do know who you are because you left such a fantastic comment on my blog...but I admit I'm confused. Lyle sent me over to check out this post. Now I see I'm the lucky recipient of...is it Lyle's wonderful artwork?....No it must be yours! How lucky am I? I didn't have to do a thing but now I am receiving a Debrina original. Thank you so much!

Debrina said...

Well hello Robyn! Nice to meet you at last! I've been spying on you since Lyle referred to you a week or so ago. Yes, my posting title is probably a bit confusing, but my mail, finally received by Lyle, is now rightfully owned by her. Hence her decision to send the tragic fashion couple out of the States (I think they've been banned because of their frightful fashion sense?). So like two little locusts blowing along with the wind, they're about to touch down in Sth Africa. Perhaps you could alter them or jazz them up with a touch of tiger stripes?

lyle said...

hi deb , the photos of your goodies made it on to our blog with a link to your site for anyone interested in mail art! hope it brings you new swappers! lyle

alteredbits said...

oooh, we must play again, o' queen of mail art! i do adore your couple. the male of the bunch is ever so hot and i wish to borrow his lovely stockings!

but first i am sitting here, STILL pondering frantically, how i am to do that second ATC of your challenge. i have to look up the cards again to see where i left off.

hugs and hugs!
a

Debrina said...

Thank you Lyle and Alicia for stopping on by. Lyle - I'm going to take a looksie now (got caught up last night with little Jason not sleeping). Alicia - I've already thought of some fun play that involves a whimsy jar and some mystery bits and pieces for an assemblage project. I've yet to complete my two atc's. I'll send you some info on yours to get you started, how's that?