That's right - it's the NOTHING posting this week. It's the start of the school holidays this Saturday and I'm off down to Nelson (home of the original World of Wearable Arts ). Whilst there I will try and think of nothing in order to come back with something to inspire me (and hopefully you) on our respective creative journeys. I hope that makes sense? What I mean is, I'm having time out to smell the daisies so that I come back refreshed and inspired!
Speaking of NOTHING turned into SOMETHING. Have you seen Seth's latest posting? I'm sure you all have, but if you haven't, I'm linking you to it here. (But don't go yet - you've got to read the rest of this very important blog posting!). Anyway...Seth's treasured find is called "Nobody Here" (which will be me next week, btw).
You'll note, above, that I got lost in the toes department...
it was very disturbing...
Now, I know I was going to do my 7 inspirational bloggers/artists' listing this week, but I haven't the time. So, I promise that when I get back, I will take you into the world of these 7 fabulous people:
1) Alicia from Altered Bits
2) Patti from Altered Attic (beware - I have a lot to say about Patti!)
3) Lisa Sarsfield from Lucky Dip
4) Jafa from JafaBrit'sArt
5) Lyle from Just-a-Note
6) Fadwa from Fadwa's Inspirational Blog
7) Lisa from Mud Hound Primitives
May I say that if you don't find yourself on that list, don't be put out...I'm only allowed to choose 7 (as stipulated by the MeMe award rules) and I've chosen these 7 because they've been making Me think about things lately (and have therefore inspired Me as a result). Here's a quick list of things that these people have got me thinking about:
1) ALICIA: foetus(es), brains, the macabre, crackle, think-tank, code, math, larger than life
2) PATTI: diction, tone, pain, beauty, softness, empathy, intelligence
3) LISA SARSFIELD: nests, linoleum, palette, location, experimentation, sharing
4) JAFA: penises, square-pegs, wooley men, flowers, embroidery, provocative, hard-core
5) LYLE: france, wood, cold, family, zest, original, hands, heart
6) FADWA: Spain, heat, rain, dance, passion, pen, burkas
7) LISA: wire, cloth, primitive, detail, hard, soft, feminine, silence...
I'm sure there's a poem in all of that somewhere?
Till next week, y'all! (Credits to http://www.nobodyhere.com/justme/toes.here)