Tuesday, 19 January 2010

More ICE, 5 new ACEOS and a barter list...


Nest Egg (SOLD) by D.Price-Ewen

I've added this picture to show Fynmark Australia what I do with their transparencies...I'm frustrated because I can't seem to get these Aussie products readily available in NZ.  I'm hoping they can help me...ahhh, a barter agreement could be in the making! Lol! PS. the card sold, so many thanks to Sue! (My buyer on Ebay)!!!



"The Possum; the home-wrecker"
ICE Collage - copyright 2010
D.Price-Ewen

NOTE on photo: Two unidentified men with a substantial opposum catch
Reference number: 1/2-110438-F
Permission of Alexander Turnbull Library, Wellington, New Zealand, must be obtained before any re-use of this image


Phew - busy, busy! I'm back at work this week (what a shock to the system, lol!) but I've also been busy on the art front!  So without too much ado, here's what I've been up to...

Above - my latest ICE contribution.  This one's called The Possum, much loved in Oz, reviled in NZ.  See all those floating butterfly wings and blood spattered birds?  The possum did that.  Introduced in 1837, their numbers climbed very quickly to 20 million before 1876.  Currently their population is up at 30 million.  They are stripping our trees, our insect life and our birds' lives. 

Originally introduced from Australia for fur trading, these cute little buggars are back in vogue for fur, but not enough to bring down their numbers.  I'm against fur and fashion, full-stop; but when it comes to the possum, I'll don those possum nipple warmers we make here in New Zealand, anytime!



Next up, the restocking of my Ebay Store with 5 new, shiny, brand-spanker ACEOS.  Hope you like them...


"The Reader" (antique lace and book paper)
The image is from an Altered Bits collage sheet.



"Ghosts of the Past" (vellum, transparencies, antique book paper)



"The Sitter"


"Musings"
The image is from an Altered Bits collage sheet.



"The Dreamer"

So anyways, these are all available for purchase from $5 to $8 US buckaroos in my (here's the link again...) Ebay Store...shameless, aren't I?  Well, we artist's have to make a living somehow!

Finally, good news, my barter list is up (ABOUT bloody time, I hear you all muttering, lol!)
Go check it out here - I've got a TON of stuff to barter with:

25 comments:

lyle baxter said...

deb, your aceo's are great. the sitter has to be my favorite! she looks so bored! good luck with the barter. lyle

Jasmine said...

I love the one with the possum. Mink are very similar over here. A few years ago, animal rights protestors roke into a mink fur farm and let out all the mink into the New Forest. Disaster. Not only for the wildlife but also for any credibility animal welfare campaigners would get on future different campaigns and also a mink hunt opened up! Good intentions need thinking through...

Debrina said...

OMG Jasmine - that's shocking news. Unbelievable! What IDIOTS!!! Well, tehy've now just legitimately re-opened a fur trading business then! Lyle - yes, doesn't she look SO bored, lol!

Debrina said...

Jasmine - I'm still reeling over what you've just said...I'm going over to your blog now...

alteredbits said...

i am loveloveloving all of your new work! of course i already saw the fantastic ACEOs on ebay. :) i stalk you often as you know. i am in-fricken-love with the blood spatter, though that should not surprise you in the least.

can't wait for my possum fur nipple covers! (do they come in multiple sizes, lol!)

that's just shocking indeed, what jasmine said.

Momo Luna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Momo Luna said...

Yes, you're right, interferring into nature is (can be) a disaster. I like the possum collage a lot.
And the 5 new ACEOS (what does that mean?) are gorgeous!
Sweet greetz for you.

ArtPropelled said...

Possum nipple warmers? That gave me a good giggle! I'm not partial to the nipple warmers but I do like the possum collage.

In the Light of the Moon said...

Those ACEO'S are kicking butt!!!There wonderful!!!I love them all.You have been busy busy!!Congrats to you!!Hugs-Cat

Nicks said...

nope I dont like your ACEO's - I love them!!

Kim said...

What a busy chick you've been! Love the nipple warmers, LOL! Hubby used to join in on the culling years ago when he still lived at home, 'In the land of the long white cloud' What a destructive thing to do, introduce species into foreign environments. We have an explosion of cane toads here that were introduced from somewhere else in the world and they don't have any use at all for anything. At least the possum has a fur pelt to encourage peolpe to keep the numbers down, although like yourself I'm not one for the fur trade personally.
On a brighter note love your new works! Will check out the items for trading and see what you need and if I have any of them available!

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Love your latest collage...the possum is indeed a very destructive animal and not a wise introduction. I like the way you introduced what was going on in the collage...the possum did it...clever writing.

I like the dreamer best...going over to the BC blog asap!

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

PS...dang straight return to sender!! lol.Too clever you are!

Those nipple warmers are just plain scary!

Lisa said...

wow..you guys are really into recycling over there..took a look at the link to the possum offerings. I'd hate to be a possum in your neck of the woods! Although they're not problematic here in the US.

Love your ATC's..Musings is my favorite composition. You and Alicia really share a similar style in your pieces.

Are you going to barter possum nipple warmers?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love the ACEOs and also the bit of history about possums. I must check out your barter blog as soon as I get home tonight.

Debrina said...

An interesting new article came out just this morning on Yahoo Xtra News:
"A Brazilian couple, who claim chemicals were showered on them while tramping, say New Zealand's "clean, green" image is a joke." The link is here:

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/6702498/tourists-claim-they-were-sprayed-with-chemicals/

Ok, I'm really not doing NZ a service at all as far as tourism goes but once again, the cracks are showing in our clean, green image...

La Dolce Vita said...

POSSUM NIPPLE WARMERS, now I have heard everything!!!

jill Zaheer said...

Just love your new aceos. My favorites are "musings" and "the reader'! Those warmers- that's the funniest thing I've heard today!

Jacky said...

You're a busy one...those ATC's are lovely. Especially love "The Sitter".

Holiday over for me too...back to work which will be a huge shock.

I've been a bit slow getting started after Christmas and having my visitors. About to get a bit more disciplined and get back to our swap. Must confess I havent done anything since Christmas. Will email you soon with news of when I'm ready to post.

Jacky xox

Flower's Page said...

Hey stranger. I am back in touch with technology as of today...and it's broadbrand lol! with a land line hehe. How are you?

Samantha Marshall said...

You are absolutely AMAZING!!!!!

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Gorgeous work as always!

Happy weekend
Carolyn ♥

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I thought I had already left a comment on the nightly visitor I experienced when I was in Brisbane for a month...she came in ...made a quick sweep of my room...circled inside my suitcase and lay down for a nap.. Your new works are so wonderful!!! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen fernandez Stewart

Gaby Bee said...

Wow, you are busy. You are so clever and you provide such variety in your pieces. Love your new ATCs, especially the second one.
Possum nipple warmers ... teehee ... that gave me a giggle also ;-)
I absolutely do need those nipple warmers...

vintage wil said...

What a beautiful work!!