Tuesday, 16 February 2010

Steampunk, bitter sweet, and a little bit silly...

Steampunk Girl with Goggles...
ACEO

(don't be superficial now, she'll see right through you!)

Angel of Death
ACEO

(I realised, suddenly, as I was cutting this image out (thanks Alicia from Altered Bits! The collage sheet is here, plug, plug!), that this woman was once flesh and blood, but now she's long since dead...for the angel of death and the hands of time must stop for all of us...)

The Woods in the City...or...Victorian Lady Lost!
ACEO

Out for a leisurely stroll on a cold winter's night in the city of romance?  Try not to stray too far, else you'll find yourself in another part of town altogether...

Stripey Stockings???
ACEO

After a hard days slog, when your feet are swollen from standing all day, it's hard to make good fashion decisions for the big night out.  In this case, you can only blame poor eyesight for so long....

Well, as you can see, I've been having a bit of fun in the studio!  4 new ACEOS for my Ebay Store, all with a starting price of $5!  What a bargain.

Other exciting news also comes from my studio...the fabric owl collage I did for Jacky Williams over at Art 4 Moi, for example:

And my monthly card swap with Alicia from Altered Bits:

There's a little message and a secret something behind the paper I've decorated there...

But all this creativity has left me quite tired...and it's late as I write this post...I'm so beat, folks, I can hardly keep my eyes open.  So I will bid you all a goodnight!

Love Debs

19 comments:

Amelia said...

These are really inspiring pieces, I love them!

Amelia.x

Samantha Marshall said...

Beautiful, beautiful beautiful!!!

lyle said...

deb, all your new pictures are great but the greatest is the "feet"! you did that with feeling...after a long day I'm sure! lyle

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

These are fabulous!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love the ACEOs, but you really shine when you use fabric. Love the owl. Your back stories are too funny.

La Dolce Vita said...

your new pieces are awesome and I know Jacky will adore this owl collage, you rocked it! xo

Jasmine said...

You have been busy, and that owl is gorgeous, you are making one friend very happy with that gift!

Hope you are well? xxx

Lisa said...

Fantastic..you rock Miss Deb!! Love your work...the first ATC is my favorite and your fabric collage....awesome. You and Alicia should do a book or show..your art looks so good together!

Deborah said...

These are beautiful!

The Josie Baggley Company said...

Deb I love the stripey sock one it's gas! and yeh it's mental what we do in the name of art to these 'real womens''images isn't it?..turning them into all kinds of anomalies. One day someone will probably stick a rabbit's head onto my Holy Communion photo body in about 60 years time & sell it for a few breadrolls.It'll serve me right! What goes 'round comes 'round eh?
Great work here

Rainey

Debrina said...

Ha ha Rainey - you made me laugh so much there! He he...it's true! Bread rolls do come from women wearing rabbit's ears! Now THAT'S a series of ACEOs right there! Thank you everyone else for all your lovely compliments and comments. This is why I love blogger it makes your head swell when you're at the computer trying to make the swelling in your feet go down after a hard days work! Ha ha.

alteredbits said...

loveloveloving the new ACEOs and i do spy a few images from my collages sheets indeed! thank you, lady! i should pop them up in the gallery to inspire others (and the traffic isn't half bad -- almost 14k unique visitors last month to that gallery page alone). i am loving those feet. they are just fantastic! they make me smile. :)

i adore your owl piece (lucky jackie!!) and you know i adore the card for me. you are ever so sweet, my darling friend!! what might this secret me, hmmmm? suppose i have to wait, huh!

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Wow, you have been a busy lady! Loving your paper door, that gold flower is beautiful and who dosn't lovea surprise? Your owl sweet too...is that a swap for the fabric one? I saw one here?

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Debrina these are so wonderful and being silly in our art processes is such a joy...what other job can one be this creative and still have their profession recognized half way around the world. We are getting something new and different ...more lovely snowflakes are floating down from the heavens on our cabin in the woods! What is steampunk? What a wonderful sounding word! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Amelia said...

thank you thank you, for your lovely comment and feedback. Very nice indeed and cheered me up. I am honoured to be on your blogroll too :)

Amelia.x

Elizabeth said...

Your ACEO's are such fun!! Love the googles and the feet are hysterical. The piece that you did for one of my favorite people, miss Jacky- is wonderful! She will be over the moon- everytime I see an owl I think of Jacky!!!
Can I ask a favor? How does one go about signing each of the photos that you post on your blog? I have been trying to figure that out for ages!!!
I love how your mind works Deb!!!
Hugs!
E

Bill Evertson said...

Great pieces! The Victorian Lady Lost reminds me that I really have to get to the Met to see their victorian collage exhibit. Nice balance of nostalgia and contemporary sensibilities.

Flower's Page said...

no wounder you don't answer the bloody phone! I want the stripy socks!!!lol. hey sorry I missed you the other day mate. Next time I'm over that way I'm just gunna pop in!!!

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

Great work! I enjoyed looking at all you've been up to! Thanks for sharing! You know I say this over and over- I can't imagine how you find time to do all this actually. I live in the Philippines and I have a helper who does our laundry and cooks and cuts grass and everything in the house, and I don't get as much done as you! So well done! If I had an award to give you it would be superwoman!