Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Art Fair getting closer...

Cuff detail - D.Price-Ewen 2011
Clay, resin and wire work box lid -  detail
Back of Flower Garden Bag bag -detail

Front of bag - detail
Flower Garden bag - entirety
Sweet smelling heart pomander
Garden Diary cover - blank paged journal
Open diary - note gold thread binding and alternate page openings...
Heart scent - small fabric heart by Altered Bits, now central feature on an altered handbag
Street view rainbows
What a miraculous month May is down-under!  It's definitely autumn now and with autumn comes the changeable weather.  Take, for example, our Sunday.  Beautiful and fine in the morning then bam, afternoon with friends for afternoon tea and it's raining.  But what price a rain shower, if the result is a beautiful rainbow or two?

Rainbow arch
View over neighbour's house
Indeed, what a rainbow!  Oh so pretty!  And speaking of all things pretty - I hope you enjoyed my array of recently created goodies for Alt.Shift.Craft - the next art fair at Square Edge in Palmerston North.  My theme this time round is, you guessed it, HEARTS!  Inspired by the lovely Alicia Caudle from Altered Bit's fame...whose small gift to me (a fabric heart) became the centrepiece of one of my altered handbags (whose detail you can't quite see unfortunately in the photo, above).

I'm also particularly fond of my heart pomander - which smells so good after I poured a nice amount of essential oil into its stuffing :-).

You'll also notice a few familiars - my newly made patchwork bag (being a retake on one of my book covers ) and the garden diary, finally finished.

Well, wish me luck for May 20th - Craft with the Wind!  It's at night-time.  Oooooooo

22 comments:

alteredbits said...

such lovely pretties, my friend. i love them all!! we are soooo very connected -- i've been making little patchy handbags lately too. how fun! i LOVE your scented hearts and want one (put one in your etsy shop, lady!)!! and i have no recollection of when i made that heart for you but how very sweet that you've repurposed it into something so pretty. :) good luck at your art fair, though you so don't need it! xx

Debrina said...

Why thank you, lady! I wondered if you'd remembered the heart or not. You gave it to me in 2009....ahh those were the days! ;-)

Flower said...

Double rainbow....so intense!

beskonechnost said...

how I like Your works!!!!! I admire each time!!!:)

Terri Kahrs said...

Everything is sooooo beautiful, I'm sure you'll have a sell-out show! It would be so difficult for me to chose a favorite - everything is so luscious! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Debrina said...

Thanks Terri, thanks Besk! Coming on by to see you. Same with you, missy Fleur ;-)

Lynette (NZ) said...

Sumptuous colours - you are a very talented woman :-)

In the Light of the Moon said...

Wow you have been so busy girl..Congrats to you..Run with it and it look as though you are!!!Way to go Debrina..Beautiful and magical creation!!Good luck on your art show!!Hugs,Cat

that rainbow was stunning!!

Amy said...

God, i love coming here. I wish you'd post every day.

Your art is very (what is a word that is not gay?...)

inspirational (sorry, only gay words available)

Xx,
Amy

p.s. my word ver is "chris"

hmmm...
perhaps there is meaning in that?
no?

suziqu's thread works said...

You have been really busy making such lovlies for the fair - love your bags and your heart pomander so sweetly scented and oh the way you have put them together. I wish you luck in selling.
Hugs to you,
Suzy

Debrina said...

Thank you lovely ladies!!!! Coming round to say hi!

Seth said...

What a fantastic group of art pieces. So many layers and so much depth to each one. The best of luck at the fair. I bet it turns out great for you!

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

You've come up with lots of fantastic creations, Debrina! Have fun at the show and I hope you will sell a lot!
I've just realized that I had changed your blog address on my sidebar but had still being a follower of your old blog. Now I've changed that too.
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Julia

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Yes, I know I'm late getting here. I have been so busy, I didn't even have a chance to change your blog address until today. I really like all the pieces you have ready for the art fair on the 20th. And I love the heart theme you have chosen. Good luck this Friday evening.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Yes, I know I'm late getting here. I have been so busy, I didn't even have a chance to change your blog address until today. I really like all the pieces you have ready for the art fair on the 20th. And I love the heart theme you have chosen. Good luck this Friday evening.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I LOVE the rainbows...and you are going to have a wonderful art fair. I so wish I could be there and do some shopping. Lovely works and so inspiring!!! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Debrina said...

Well, the art fair was fabulously successfu; Sold pretty much all of my stock! A wonderful result :-)

jilly zaheer said...

Dear Debrina,
So glad to read that your art fair was such a success and what beautiful artworks you've been working on. I am terribly behind on seeing what you've been up to! Yes, the older children get- i think the more time they need- not less. Love all your altered bits pieces included in your works. Thank you so much for visiting- and leaving such a nice comment. Just loved scrolling down some of your previous posts- beautiful pictures of your son- the flowers, and of course- your recent golden shining rainbows- heaven on earth!!! Thanks for telling me about the store- never been there but just googled it and have it on my "go to" list. Was just wandering the website and calalog. Have a super week! xo

Sanja said...

Awesome pieces dear Debrina. Love it!
Have a nice day
Sanja xox

Debrina said...

Hi Sanja! So nice to hear from you!!! Jilly, I loved seeing your latest photos too!

Riki Schumacher said...

Hi Debrina, so glad you found me again too! Great to hear from you. Love your work, and the heart theme! Hope the show is wonderful! Hugs, Riki

In the Light of the Moon said...

That first cuff made my eyes pop..wow all this work is marvelous!!Good luck with show.Hugs,Cat