Tuesday, 2 December 2014

I'm back into documenting my art...properly.

Well, how shockingly tardy have I been this past year? It's been a whole year since my last blog posting.   I'm sitting here trying to work out why and I think I've nailed it.  Apart from a glut of travel these last two years, the world of technology, itself, has changed sooo much that I think I've been a bit distracted.  And who can blame me? What with Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google Plus, yes ..all of which I have accounts, I've been busy doing some serious amounts of superficial reporting.

Well, no more I say! The time has come to put aside the play things and get back to the important business of blogging: and this time, I mean it! It's time to take stock, reflect, get back into a routine and record.  It's time to become, once again, a blogger.  And with the blog postings come re-connections - the social networking that is so invaluable to the artist blogger: the sharing of ideas; collaborations; experimentation; swaps, challenges, feedback and discussion.  Friendship.  Ahhh..the friendships.  The very best thing about blogging is the finding and keeping of kindred artistic spirits - hearing that friendly "voice" which resonates with your own artistic sensibility.  I have lost count of the number of firm friendships I have made over the years through blogger.  We are all connected through Facebook now, but alas, over time, I am also losing their "voices" as The Facebook algorithms begin to thin out the number of connections I can make with one post (and vice a versa).  

So, here's a bit of thumbs up to blogging, and my chosen platform, blogger- of which I am using their app on my iPad to create this post (well done blogger for making it easier to blog on the go!).  While I sit here going through all the photos stored on the said device, I happen upon this one of Andy.  A sketch I did a few weeks ago now, but one I am justifiably proud of, as this alone signals the beginning of something magic: a willingness to slow down; enough at least to be able to sketch my amazing husband.  

Here s to many more posts to come, and to reconnections!

Love Debs (aka Debrina Altered)

8 comments:

lyle baxter said...

hi deb glad to see you back! it seens that everyone has deserted the blogging world! I hope they return! will look forward to seeing what you are creating!

Debrina said...

Hey Lyle! I agree with you. So I'm on the hunt for the mainstayers, such as yourself, to reconnoiter with. I'm coming on over to say hi!

NuminosityBeads said...

I hear you on that count. I feel like my good old days of blogging are some sort of long lost luxury and keep vowing to change that. I've always been a bit of a flitter ( not to be confused with Twitter) and vow to get back to it more regularly Looking through my blog list it seems to be more than just me that has dropped off in the past year or so. It's nice to know I can find you here since you've left the FB waves.
Nice sketch, I always have loved seeing your artistic journey. And on that note I think I'll take the time to post a blog right now. Thank you for the nudge!

Debrina said...

Hello Kimberley! Always nice to hear from you! I'm so happy to be reconnecting in a more meaningful way to all my wonderful blogging artist friends and fans. I'm also glad to read that you aphave been inspired to post too! I'll pop on over to say hi right now. See you shortly!
Love Debs

Lynette (NZ) said...

Hi hun - lovely to see you back. Happy December and here's to a creative 2015 {raises glass}

Gaby Bee said...

Hi Debs, glad you are back in blogland. I'm looking forward to seeing what you are creating!

Holiday hugs,
Gaby

Debrina said...

Thanks Lynnette and Gaby for swinging on by! Best wishes to you both too! And yes, here's definitely too a creative new year!

JafaBrit's Art said...

Debrina, lovely to see your comment on my blog and yes I hear you about fb---grrrrr. Will be popping back and checking in with you here. Happy New Year and yes to reconnections YEA!!!!